|MARKET SEARCH RECRUITMENT|
Level 1, 40 Yeo Street, NEUTRAL BAY, NSW 2089
View Larger Map
P.O. Box 223
CREMORNE NSW 2090
61 2 9232 2333
As a recruitment firm, Market Search collects personal information in the course of our business and protecting the information supplied to us by our clients, candidates and customers is important to us, subsequently we manage that personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles.
We only collect information that is reasonably necessary for the proper performance of our activities or functions.
All staff are instructed and counseled on an ongoing basis on the importance of monitoring adherence to the Policy Act requirements by way incorporating the Act provisions.
National Privacy Principles
The National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 applies to
Market Search Pty Limited.
How we collect and the type of Personal Information held
The personal information that we collect is generally information about you that you have provided to us in the form of a resume or application, your name, address, your work experience, qualifications and information required for referral to a position. We check that it is current and accurate. This will sometimes mean that we have to cross check the information that we collect from you with third parties.
Collection of information may fall into the following categories:
- Candidate Information submitted and obtained from the Candidate and other sources in connection with applications for work;
- Information obtained via telephone and internet communications
- Work performance information;
- Information about incidents in the workplace;
- Staff information;
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes;
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships
- Information may be required from sources interstate or overseas as Market Search works regionally and internationally.
By submitting your information to us you are acknowledging our privacy collection statement. The information is collated and added to our database to be retrieved by our Market Search Consultants only for the purpose for which it was intended.
We sometimes collect information from third parties and publicly available sources when it is necessary for a specific purpose such as checking information that you have given us or where you have consented or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way.
From time to time we correct or attach associated statements to your personal information.
When your personal information is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may have been originally collected, we destroy or de-identify this information providing that it is lawful for us to do so. We de-identify information that is contained in a Commonwealth Record.
Purposes for which We Hold Personal Information
We primarily record and hold your personal information in our record system for the following:
- Placement operations;
- Staff management
- Client and business relationship management;
We require this information to assess your suitability for an available position and subsequent referral to our clients.
We may disclose personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily retained or for a related secondary purpose.
In some cases, as in sensitive information, we may only disclose information only with your consent. We may disclose personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
We contract out a number of services from time to time. Our contractors may see some personal information. Typically our contractors would include:
- Market Research consultants;
- Marketers, Analysts, Journalists
- Industry Professionals for other related assignments.
Inquiries and Complaints
Inquiries or complaints about our privacy policies can be made to our Privacy Co-ordinator whose contact details are:
Managing Director & Privacy Co-ordinator
(02) 9232 2333
Complaints can also be made to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you. We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
If you wish to obtain access to your personal information you should contact our
Privacy Co-ordinator. You will need to be in a position to verify your identity.
Market Search currently has the following procedures in place:
- Multi-level computer access - on a need to know basis
- All candidates files are securely held in locked filing cabinets
- Only information relative to application is collected and each applicant is provided with a collection statement. This is done when visiting our website or upon registration
- Candidate resumes are never "floated" without the candidate's knowledge and permission
- It is a company policy that details of company business names, clients and candidates may not be discussed outside the business
- All client details/files are securely held with password database access
- Contractual information in relation to preferred supplier arrangements are restricted to the account management team
- Reference information collected from a third party will form part of candidate application
- The confidentiality of the information gathered on our web site is protected by a secure firewall
- All personnel and wage information in relation to our temporary and permanent employees are securely held
Commitment to Privacy
Market Search Recruitment protects the privacy and confidentiality of our staff and candidates. Customer’s personal information is very important to us. Equally, obtaining and maintaining their trust is fundamental to the way we do business.
The majority of resumes sent to Market Search Recruitment are received online and therefore on receipt we inform the sender in the following way by return email informing them of our procedures from the instance they enter information online.
“Online application is a free and optional service that does not require registration. Additional information forms a part of an application (resume, cover letter etc) submitted to us for the purpose of helping you to find employment. Information that you submit may be shared with potential employers for the purposes of evaluating suitability between applicants and employees.
The information gathered at this point is stored in our database for retrieval and used by Market Search Recruitment staff only for the purpose for which it is intended. and is an acknowledgement that our privacy statement has been accepted.
Respecting Internet Privacy
Market Search Recruitment will not record any information that would identify you personally without your consent. You should therefore inform us directly if you would like the information removed from the database.
No attempt is made by Market Search Recruitment to identify users or their browsing activities.
Market Search Recruitment may also use the information collected to notify you of services and opportunities that you may find valuable. By submitting your details, you are agreeing with and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Statement. Should you not agree with this Privacy Statement you should cease using the Web site.
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time so we encourage you to check this site regularly.
How to contact us:
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact Lyn Tanner, Privacy Coordinator, email:email@example.com Telephone: 02 9232 2333 Fax: 02 9232 2323.”
Privacy Collection Statement
Personal Information (Re: Candidate)
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about candidate’s work performance (whether true or not), work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinion;
- Membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- Sexual preferences or practices;
- Criminal record;
- Health or disability (at any time);
- Expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
We do not actively seek to collect such sensitive information unless it is necessary for our business purposes. If we do have to collect sensitive information, we will do so in accordance with the National Privacy Principles. Sensitive information can, in most cases only be disclosed with consent.
It includes personal information collected to provide a health service.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with consent.
Collection of Personal and Sensitive Information
Personal and sensitive information will be collected by Market Search Recruitment for its own use in connection with work placements.
How we collect Information
We may collect personal information when dealing with us by telephone, letter, fax, email, or visit our web site. Where practical we collect personal information directly from our registration forms or any other information in connection with the application to us for registration and when an interview is attended with one of our staff members.
Generally, the type of personal information we collect is included in the application or resume, for example, name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, career history, details of any competency tests or other information relating to your career.
Other information we may collect:
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference;
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- We receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any additional information provided to us by you.
Information will be used:
Personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Payment for job completed on an assignment;
- Follow up to offer a job or ascertain availability for a job;
- Actual or possible work placement;
- Performance appraisals;
- Assessment of ongoing performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- Our identification of training needs;
- Any workplace rehabilitation;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry involvement;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of personal or sensitive information.
Personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to…
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Market Search Recruitment;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of personal and sensitive information;
- A Worker’s Compensation body;
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Information we seek not given to us:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exceptions, which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Officer, whose details are shown above.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
You consent to collection use and storage of your personal and sensitive information
I……………………………………………………………….(##FULL NAME##) of……………………………………………………………...(##ADDRESS##)
who can be identified by……………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………….… (FURTHER MEANS OF IDENTIFICATION##)
Have read and understood each of the statements in this Collection Statement and voluntarily consent to:
- Personal and sensitive information about me being collected by you as indicated above;
- Personal and sensitive information about me being used as indicated above;
- Personal and sensitive information about me being disclosed as indicated above.
PRINT WITNESS NAME AND ADDRESS………………………………………….
Collecting information (Re: Client Company)
We collect information on our client visits and use this information to improve and enhance our services. Where practical we collect information directly from you. We may collect personal information about your company when you deal with us by telephone, letter, fax, email, web site or a visit to one of your offices and this is stored on our database.
A service evaluation survey requesting information about the quality of our services, which we provide you with, is sent. Please note that the information provided by you is not disclosed to our consultants and that we utilise this information to improve and enhance our services.
We may use and disclose your personal information for a related or ancillary purpose such as providing you with one of our services and to provide you with the best recruitment and contracting services and/or opportunities. It may sometimes be necessary for Market Search to disclose your information to third parties however, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- To other members and employee's of Market Search Recruitment
- Information that you submit may be shared with potential employees for the purposes of evaluating suitability between applicants and employers
- Referees to obtain e.g. trade references
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Payment for job completed on a casual assignment or permanent placement
- Our management of any complaint
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact:
(+612) 9232 2333
0411 179 178
During normal office hours which are 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM